Korean cuisine is a must if you want to explore tantalizing flavors and spices. Korean cuisine is embellished with delicious mouth-watering recipes using anchovy paste, fried eggs or pork skin. But if you assume the kitchen has limited vegetarian options, then that’s no longer the case. From pancakes to kimchi to latte, Korean cuisine offers multiple delicious vegetarian recipes that will delight your palate. Here we offer you 4 mouth-watering vegetarian Korean food recipes that you should definitely try at home.
- Korean pancakes with kimchi
- 200 grams of all-purpose flour
- 10 grams of cornstarch
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- 50 grams of smooth kimchi paste
- 20 grams green onion, chopped
- Oil for cooking
- Take a bowl and mix together the all-purpose flour, cornstarch, kimchi paste and green onion.
- Now add water to achieve a smooth paste-like consistency.
- Heat a frying pan and pour a drizzle of oil. Now pour a little dough, spread it evenly and cook on both sides.
- Serve with a dip of your choice.
- Korean Spicy Cucumber Salad
- 2 cucumbers (peeled)
- 1 teaspoon of white sugar
- ½ teaspoon of rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (toasted)
- 1 teaspoon chilli paste
- Salt to taste
- Take a bowl and mix the sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, chili paste and salt.
- Now thinly slice the cucumbers.
- Pour the prepared mixture over the cucumber, mix well and leave to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Serve, sprinkling sesame seeds on top.
- Korean sweet potato latte
- 2 sweet potatoes (boiled and peeled)
- 2 cups of milk
- 1-2 tablespoons of sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Finely chopped walnuts
- Take a blender and blend the sweet potatoes, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and nuts until smooth.
- Serve with chopped walnut toppings.
- korean coleslaw
- 30 grams of sliced cabbage
- 20 grams of red cabbage, sliced
- 20 grams of carrots, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of red pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Salt according to
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Take a bowl and add carrot, onion, red cabbage and cabbage and mix.
- Take another bowl and combine the garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, red pepper, sesame oil and sesame seeds and whisk well.
- Pour this vinaigrette over the vegetables, mix well and enjoy.
Read also : 3 recipes to make perfect crispy pakoras at home