Mooresville Fire-Rescue Responds to Kitchen Fire in Winslow Bay

MOORESVILLE, NC – The unattended overnight cooking on a stove that ended in a kitchen fire at a Mooresville home early Monday morning is an uplifting tale highlighting the value of smoke detectors, according to fire officials from Mooresville.

Firefighters responded to the kitchen fire on Comata Road in the Winslow Bay neighborhood shortly before 1:30 a.m. on Monday May 31, Mooresville Fire-Rescue said.

They responded to the house within six minutes of receiving the call and found all occupants of the house outside and unharmed. “The fire was extinguished within 10 minutes and the damage was limited to the kitchen,” MFR said in a statement.

Fire investigators determined that one person in the house had started cooking on the stove, but was later distracted and fell asleep in another room, according to MFR Deputy Fire Marshal Jason Workman.

Unattended cooking fires are among the leading causes of accidental fires in Mooresville, MFR said.

“If it were not for the triggering of the smoke detector and the rapid reaction of the residents,
probably would have been a tragic fire with the loss of one or more lives, ”Workman said. “This is an example of why we remind everyone not only to have smoke detectors in their home, but to make sure they have batteries and are working by testing them every month. “


To request that your name be removed from an arrest report, submit these mandatory elements at [email protected]

The response rules:

  • Be respectful. It is a space for friendly local exchanges. No racist, discriminatory, vulgar or threatening language will be tolerated.
  • Be transparent. Use your real name and save your affirmations.
  • Keep it local and relevant. Make sure your answers stay on topic.
  • Review it Community patch guidelines.

Source link

About Crystal Morrison

Check Also

Grocery Store Nutrition: GIANT Offers Courses on Accessing Food, Cooking and Budgeting | Food

Everyone could benefit from a new way of thinking about cooking. From family meals and …