by Penn State Extension
June 29, 2022
Storing food at home: jams and jellies will explain the scientific reasoning behind today’s recommended methods for making and processing jam and jelly while dispelling food preservation myths and unsafe practices of the past.
When: Wednesday, July 6, 2022 (1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. ET)
Format: Live online via Zoom
New and experienced home food preservatives
- The Basics of Water Bathing and Atmospheric Steam Canning for Processing Jam and Jelly
- Techniques for making cooked and frozen jams and jellies
- The different types of pectin products and their use for a proper set
- The essential nature of the different ingredients for a quality product
- Recipes for jams and jellies reduced in sugar and without added sugar
- How to Troubleshoot
The Food storage at home will provide you with the scientific background, preparation tips and safe processing methods for storing food at home.
Registration is required to receive the access link to the webinar. Registrants will also have access to the webinar recording.
Registration deadline: July 5, 2022 12:59
We need your support!
Your contribution makes community media possible.
A donation of any size to your nonprofit media organization supports the future of media access in our community – the things you love and the places you care about, by the people you know.